North Korean leader rallies front-line troops
Seoul: North Korea says its leader Kim Jong Il has rallied troops at a front-line military base.
State television said on Saturday that Kim grabbed the hands of each commanding officer as he visited the base near disputed waters with South Korea. The report recalled last year`s shelling of South Korea`s Yeonpyeong Island that killed four people and said the troops were ready for a similar attack.
North Korean media did not say when Kim made the visit. South Korea conducted large-scale military drills on Wednesday near the maritime border to mark the first anniversary of the North Korean attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- India vs New Zealand: Awestruck Kiwis witness MS Dhoni driving his Hummer in Ranchi, and photo goes viral
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery