North Korean leader rallies front-line troops
Seoul: North Korea says its leader Kim Jong Il has rallied troops at a front-line military base.
State television said on Saturday that Kim grabbed the hands of each commanding officer as he visited the base near disputed waters with South Korea. The report recalled last year`s shelling of South Korea`s Yeonpyeong Island that killed four people and said the troops were ready for a similar attack.
North Korean media did not say when Kim made the visit. South Korea conducted large-scale military drills on Wednesday near the maritime border to mark the first anniversary of the North Korean attack.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling