North Korea`s Kim Jong-Il `had stoning nightmares`
Seoul: North Korean leader Kim Jong-Il told a visiting businessman he had nightmares of being stoned by angry members of the public in his isolated nation, a Seoul lawmaker said in an interview.
Kim told the late founder of the Hyundai group, Chung Ju-Yung, of having a dream that he was being stoned "first by Americans, second by South Koreans and finally by North Koreans," said Chung`s son, Grand National Party lawmaker Chung Mong-Joon.
"I think Kim wanted to express that he was well aware of the desperate reality of North Korea," the younger Chung said in the interview with MBC TV on Sunday. He said he had heard the story from his father, who died in 2001.
The late South Korean business tycoon, who spearheaded major inter-Korea economic cooperation projects, visited Pyongyang several times from 1998 to 2000 to meet Kim.
In one of the meetings, Kim told Chung he was "well aware" that most people in the communist state disliked him, despite pervasive propaganda campaigns that idolise the ruling Kim family, according to Chung`s son.
The Kim dynasty has ruled the North with an iron fist since its founding in 1948, sending political dissidents to prison camps where they reportedly face torture and forced labour that can last a lifetime.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Two J&K MLAs clash over beef party issue in Legislative Assembly
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Bihar has to choose between 'jungle raj' and 'vikas Raj': Narendra Modi
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head