North Korea`s Twitter account hacked amid tension
Seoul: Hackers have apparently disrupted North Korea`s government-run Twitter account. The disruption comes at a time of rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula.
The North`s Uriminzokkiri`s Twitter account today displayed four tweets saying "hacked." A fifth tweet said "Tango Down" and was followed by a link to Uriminzokkiri`s Flickr page.
Both sites were running today but carrying content that differed sharply from content typically posted by the regime in Pyongyang, leading viewers to assume the accounts had been hacked.
North Korea opened its Uriminzokkiri Twitter account in 2010 to use the social media to praise its system and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I know why Indrani Mukherjea murdered my sister Sheena: Mikhail Bora
- OROP issue: With no breakthrough in sight, Army veterans may meet PM Narendra Modi today
- Sheena Bora murder case: All that we know about Indrani Mukherjea
- Pregnant teen buried alive, wakes up in coffin
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukherjea's former husband, Sanjeev Khanna, arrested by Mumbai Police