North Korea`s Twitter account hacked amid tension
Seoul: Hackers have apparently disrupted North Korea`s government-run Twitter account. The disruption comes at a time of rising tensions on the Korean Peninsula.
The North`s Uriminzokkiri`s Twitter account today displayed four tweets saying "hacked." A fifth tweet said "Tango Down" and was followed by a link to Uriminzokkiri`s Flickr page.
Both sites were running today but carrying content that differed sharply from content typically posted by the regime in Pyongyang, leading viewers to assume the accounts had been hacked.
North Korea opened its Uriminzokkiri Twitter account in 2010 to use the social media to praise its system and leaders.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- Train accident in Andhra Pradesh leaves many people dead
- UP Assembly Elections: Akhilesh Yadav releases party's manifesto
- UP elections: Rajnath Singh's Son, Rita Bahuguna Joshi in BJP second list of candidates
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Flying Jadeja: MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli floored by Ravindra Jadeja's brilliant fielding effort – WATCH