North Korea`s use of WMD unacceptable, asserts Pentagon
Seoul: US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Wednesday said North Korea`s use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and chemical weapons is unacceptable.
Hagel made the comments during the joint press conference with his South Korean counterpart Kim Kwan-jin after holding their annual Security Consultative Meeting in Seoul, reported Xinhua.
Hagel said North Korea`s provocations would impose threats on world security, promising that the US will offer its extended deterrence to South Korea with all possible military capabilities.
The Pentagon chief also said that he seriously saw Seoul`s request to delay the transition of the country`s wartime operational control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi pays tribute to Kargil war martyrs
- Parade and hang Tiger, not Yakub: Salman Khan
- India to give fresh dossier to Pakistan on Lakhvi, Dawood, Hafiz
- Veterans serve country but do not get their due, says Anna Hazare
- Salman's controversial tweet on Yakub Memon a 'contempt of court'?
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- Mann ki Baat: Govt to provide cashless treatment to road accident victims, says PM Modi
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Exercise, healthy food prevent knee pain in adults with diabetes
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar