North Korea`s use of WMD unacceptable, asserts Pentagon
Seoul: US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Wednesday said North Korea`s use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and chemical weapons is unacceptable.
Hagel made the comments during the joint press conference with his South Korean counterpart Kim Kwan-jin after holding their annual Security Consultative Meeting in Seoul, reported Xinhua.
Hagel said North Korea`s provocations would impose threats on world security, promising that the US will offer its extended deterrence to South Korea with all possible military capabilities.
The Pentagon chief also said that he seriously saw Seoul`s request to delay the transition of the country`s wartime operational control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal