North Korea`s use of WMD unacceptable, asserts Pentagon
Seoul: US Secretary of Defense Chuck Hagel Wednesday said North Korea`s use of weapons of mass destruction (WMD) and chemical weapons is unacceptable.
Hagel made the comments during the joint press conference with his South Korean counterpart Kim Kwan-jin after holding their annual Security Consultative Meeting in Seoul, reported Xinhua.
Hagel said North Korea`s provocations would impose threats on world security, promising that the US will offer its extended deterrence to South Korea with all possible military capabilities.
The Pentagon chief also said that he seriously saw Seoul`s request to delay the transition of the country`s wartime operational control.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Exclusive chat with Ranchi's visually challenged singer Tumpa Kumari
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Kailash Vijayvargiya on Akshay Singh's death: Is a journalist bigger than me?
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Pakistan violates ceasefire in J&K, one BSF jawan killed in Kupwara
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Suspicious Iranian boat seized off Kerala coast, Pakistani ID card recovered