North, South Korea agree to hold talks over Kaesong complex
Zee Media Bureau
Seoul: North and South Korea on Thursday agreed "in principle to hold working-level talks" over Kaesong complex, agencies reported.
South Korea had earlier said that it had proposed a working-level talk with North Korea to discuss restarting the shuttered joint industrial complex in the North.
Seoul`s Unification Ministry said on Thursday that its proposed talk will also address managing facilities and goods that South Korean businessmen left behind at the Kaesong industrial complex.
The proposal had come after North Korea allowed South Korean businessmen to visit Kaesong when they said they want to move their gear out of the park.
Kaesong was the last major symbol of inter-Korean rapprochement until Pyongyang withdrew its workers in April.
Negotiating talks on the industrial park and other scrapped ventures had taken place briefly last month but ultimately broke down.
With Agency Inputs
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is Akhilesh Yadav encouraging dishonesty for votes?
- Is Akhilesh Yadav seeking votes based on development made by Modi govt?
- UP polls: Polling for fifth phase of Assembly elections today
- Report: Are mobile smartphones more unhygienic than toilet seats?
- UP polls: PM Modi addresses public rally in Mau
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy