North, South Korea reopen Kaesong industrial zone
Zee Media Bureau
Seoul: The Kaesong industrial zone resumed operations on Monday after workers from South Korea joined their North Korean counterparts months after military tensions led to the closure of the park five months ago.
The operations at the park are expected to be fully functional after a trial run in the industrial zone.
The movement of vehicles started on early Monday after trucks and cars were seen crossing the boundary and travelling to North Korea.
South Korean firms are situated around 10 kilometres inside the North Korean territory.
After rounds of discussion by the Koreas over the past few months, September 16 was decided as the date to reopen the complex.
Joint military exercises of the South Korea and United States escalated tensions with the North, which led to the suspension of the operations at the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'