North, South Korea reopen Kaesong industrial zone
Zee Media Bureau
Seoul: The Kaesong industrial zone resumed operations on Monday after workers from South Korea joined their North Korean counterparts months after military tensions led to the closure of the park five months ago.
The operations at the park are expected to be fully functional after a trial run in the industrial zone.
The movement of vehicles started on early Monday after trucks and cars were seen crossing the boundary and travelling to North Korea.
South Korean firms are situated around 10 kilometres inside the North Korean territory.
After rounds of discussion by the Koreas over the past few months, September 16 was decided as the date to reopen the complex.
Joint military exercises of the South Korea and United States escalated tensions with the North, which led to the suspension of the operations at the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- DNA: Analysing the importance of Hindi language in our society
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video