North, South Korea reopen Kaesong industrial zone
Zee Media Bureau
Seoul: The Kaesong industrial zone resumed operations on Monday after workers from South Korea joined their North Korean counterparts months after military tensions led to the closure of the park five months ago.
The operations at the park are expected to be fully functional after a trial run in the industrial zone.
The movement of vehicles started on early Monday after trucks and cars were seen crossing the boundary and travelling to North Korea.
South Korean firms are situated around 10 kilometres inside the North Korean territory.
After rounds of discussion by the Koreas over the past few months, September 16 was decided as the date to reopen the complex.
Joint military exercises of the South Korea and United States escalated tensions with the North, which led to the suspension of the operations at the park.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what
- MP student proposes Congress VP Rahul Gandhi's name to Guinness Book for losing maximum elections