Northern Ireland police arrest 2 men in bomb case
London: Police in Northern Ireland have arrested two men in connection with the attempted murder of a police officer in east Belfast.
Police today said the men aged 25 and 34 were arrested late yesterday in the Belfast area. They have not been identified. The arrests are part of the investigation into an attempt to kill an off-duty police officer at his home in east Belfast.
Police say the officer and his wife and children were getting ready to leave for Sunday lunch when they discovered a bomb under the family car.
Belfast has been hit by a serious increase in sectarian violence in recent weeks.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata