Norway calls off terror alert, says threat gone

Last Updated: Friday, August 1, 2014 - 07:43

Copenhagen: Norway`s intelligence service says the Scandinavian country no longer faces an imminent terror threat from people with links to Islamic fighters in Syria.

Benedicte Bjoernland, head of Norway`s security service PST, today said new information indicates a terror attack won`t take place now. But she said the overall threat level against Norway remains high.
Bjoernland said the original information that prompted last week`s warning from the Norwegian government of an impending threat, was unspecific about what the target might be, or when or where an attack could take place.
PST said a group of people travelling from Syria to commit terror in the West had named Norway as a target. The government warning led to visible police at border crossings, airports, train stations and places with large crowds.

AFP

First Published: Friday, August 1, 2014 - 07:43
TAGS:

More from zeenews

 
comments powered by Disqus