Norway killer Breivik given box to store sweaters
London: Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik has been given a box to store his designer sweaters after he complained to prison chiefs that his human rights were being derived.
The neo-Nazi, who slaughtered 77 people in a shooting spree in Norway last year, claimed that the Lacoste jumpers he famously wore at his trial were losing their shape because he had nowhere to keep them in his cell.
According to the Mirror, Breivik, 33, will also be given a CD player and have a bookshelf installed in his maximum security cell.
He won the home comforts after writing a 27-page letter of complaint to prison authorities about his life inside, as he began his 21-year sentence.
In the complaint, he whined about everything from being served cold coffee to daily naked searches and bad lighting conditions.
Breivik claimed that the handcuffs he wore when he is being moved around the prison are too sharp and cut his wrists.
His lawyer Tord Jordet said that Breivik, who has shown no remorse for his crimes, had won a number of luxuries from prison authorities.
“There have been some changes, and other measures are planned,” he confirmed.
“Anders thought it positive that Ila has taken his suggestions seriously and are working to improve the prison conditions. Meanwhile there is a lot that remains before he considers the prison conditions suitable for long term imprisonment,” he said.
According to the report, on July 22 last year, Breivik detonated a massive fertiliser bomb at an Oslo government building, killing eight people. He then shot another 69 at a youth camp on Utoya Island.
Breivik will serve most of his sentence at Ila jail in the Norway capital, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Pakistan behind increasing train accidents in India?
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS