Norway killer Breivik given box to store sweaters
London: Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik has been given a box to store his designer sweaters after he complained to prison chiefs that his human rights were being derived.
The neo-Nazi, who slaughtered 77 people in a shooting spree in Norway last year, claimed that the Lacoste jumpers he famously wore at his trial were losing their shape because he had nowhere to keep them in his cell.
According to the Mirror, Breivik, 33, will also be given a CD player and have a bookshelf installed in his maximum security cell.
He won the home comforts after writing a 27-page letter of complaint to prison authorities about his life inside, as he began his 21-year sentence.
In the complaint, he whined about everything from being served cold coffee to daily naked searches and bad lighting conditions.
Breivik claimed that the handcuffs he wore when he is being moved around the prison are too sharp and cut his wrists.
His lawyer Tord Jordet said that Breivik, who has shown no remorse for his crimes, had won a number of luxuries from prison authorities.
“There have been some changes, and other measures are planned,” he confirmed.
“Anders thought it positive that Ila has taken his suggestions seriously and are working to improve the prison conditions. Meanwhile there is a lot that remains before he considers the prison conditions suitable for long term imprisonment,” he said.
According to the report, on July 22 last year, Breivik detonated a massive fertiliser bomb at an Oslo government building, killing eight people. He then shot another 69 at a youth camp on Utoya Island.
Breivik will serve most of his sentence at Ila jail in the Norway capital, it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply