Norway: Killer Breivik’s mother says he has lied
Oslo: The mother of Anders Behring Breivik -- the man who has confessed to killing 77 people in Norway last summer -- claims that as much as half of the information her son has told police is fabricated.
The statements from Breivik`s mother were read out in court today as psychiatrists presented a 239-page report about the 33-year old extremist`s mental health.
Breivik`s mother isn`t appearing at his trial because of health-related reasons, and has not been named due to Norwegian privacy rules.
She described how Breivik transformed from a caring son into an aggressive and secretive loner.
She also said that "half of what he`s told police is a lie", including exaggerating both his travels and education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Vyapam Scam: IMA president Sudhir Tiwari fears life threat
- Vyapam Scam: Mystery over journalist Akshay Singh's death continues
- Panel discussion on RSS's 'Muslim Rashtriya Manch' first Iftaar party
- MPs spend more than Rs 25 cr taxpayers' money on study tours: DNA reports
- Jhansi police launches ‘Citizen Cop’ android app
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe
- Photographer captures International Space Station flying across moon
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Akshay Singh's death case: MP CM assures fair probe, lambasts Oppn over Vyapam scam