Norway: Killer Breivik’s mother says he has lied
Oslo: The mother of Anders Behring Breivik -- the man who has confessed to killing 77 people in Norway last summer -- claims that as much as half of the information her son has told police is fabricated.
The statements from Breivik`s mother were read out in court today as psychiatrists presented a 239-page report about the 33-year old extremist`s mental health.
Breivik`s mother isn`t appearing at his trial because of health-related reasons, and has not been named due to Norwegian privacy rules.
She described how Breivik transformed from a caring son into an aggressive and secretive loner.
She also said that "half of what he`s told police is a lie", including exaggerating both his travels and education.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets