Norway killer`s dad wants to publish book on son
Moscow: Jens Breivik, father of mass murderer Anders Breivik who killed 77 people in Norway last year, plans to publish a book about his son, RIA Novosti reported Thursday.
Anders Breivik, 33, has confessed to shooting dead 69 people at a youth summer camp on Utoya island and killing another eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011, but pleaded innocent to charges of terrorism, saying he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
Jens Breivik, 76, told Norway`s P4 Radio that he has already written a manuscript about his son, but has been turned away by Norway`s largest publishing houses.
However, some of the publishers said they had not received any proposal from Jens Breivik.
"It`s interesting to see what kind of script it might be, we could just publish it in a normal way," said Aschehougs`s Publishing Editor Kari Spjeldnes.
"It must be readable and take what will be important to most people into account. Naturally, it will shed light on the essentials in this awful case," he said.
Jens Breivik, a former diplomat who claims to have lost contact with his son 18 years ago, said when he recognised his son as the killer whose photo was aired by the world`s media, he wished Anders Breivik "had taken his own life, too".
Anders Breivik in currently under trial and will be sentenced Aug 24. If deemed mentally ill, Breivik may spend the rest of his life in a psychiatric ward. If the court finds him sane, the killer will serve a maximum of 21 years in prison.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on BJP MLAs assaulting legislator Rashid inside J&K Assembly
- Watch: How Russian special forces Spetsnaz will end terror of ISIS
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Latest condition of Navjot Singh Sidhu: Sherry Paaji making steady recovery!
- FIR against Asaduddin Owaisi for posting objectionable picture of Yogi Adityanath on Facebook
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Shocking! Saudi employer chops off Indian maid's hands
- Porn survey: Delhi no 1; 'animal porn' in Pune