Norway killer`s friends viewed him as gay
Moscow: Friends of self-confessed Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik believed he was a recluse or homosexual, the Norwegian media reported Tuesday.
Two of Breivik`s friends gave evidence at the Oslo court Tuesday, saying Breivik was obsessed with how he looked.
One of the friends said he thought Breivik was depressed or was a closet homosexual after he moved back in with his mother in 2006. He became interested in computer games and refused to socialise with friends, media reported.
"I think they had a more friendly relationship than a mother and son normally have," one of the witnesses said.
Breivik, 33, has confessed to murdering 69 people at a youth summer camp on Utoeya Island, Norway and eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011. But he pleaded innocent to terror charges, saying he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
The key issue that is due to be resolved during the 10-week trial against Breivik, which began April 16, is his mental state.
The gunman will spend the rest of his life in a psychiatric hospital if recognised as mentally-ill. If the court founds him sane, Breivik will receive a maximum of 21 years in prison.
The 33-year-old Norwegian insists he is mentally healthy, saying that he would do "anything to prevent" committal to a psychiatric hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Beef row: Lalu Prasad Yadav contradicts his statements
- Lalu Yadav's son Tejasvi Yadav wants to change the face of Bihar education
- Indrani Mukerjea attains consciousness; is now out of danger
- News reporter Hemant Yadav shot by unidentified bikers
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Is Salman Khan - Aamir Khan friendship over?
- Modi must be punished, he has cheated people: Ram Jethmalani
- Was Giani Zail Singh planning to topple Rajiv Gandhi govt in 1987?