Norway killer`s friends viewed him as gay
Moscow: Friends of self-confessed Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik believed he was a recluse or homosexual, the Norwegian media reported Tuesday.
Two of Breivik`s friends gave evidence at the Oslo court Tuesday, saying Breivik was obsessed with how he looked.
One of the friends said he thought Breivik was depressed or was a closet homosexual after he moved back in with his mother in 2006. He became interested in computer games and refused to socialise with friends, media reported.
"I think they had a more friendly relationship than a mother and son normally have," one of the witnesses said.
Breivik, 33, has confessed to murdering 69 people at a youth summer camp on Utoeya Island, Norway and eight in a bomb attack in Oslo July 22, 2011. But he pleaded innocent to terror charges, saying he was defending Norway from multiculturalism and immigration.
The key issue that is due to be resolved during the 10-week trial against Breivik, which began April 16, is his mental state.
The gunman will spend the rest of his life in a psychiatric hospital if recognised as mentally-ill. If the court founds him sane, Breivik will receive a maximum of 21 years in prison.
The 33-year-old Norwegian insists he is mentally healthy, saying that he would do "anything to prevent" committal to a psychiatric hospital.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference