`Norway mass killer suffers from Asperger’s`
Oslo: Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik may be suffering from a rare, high-functioning form of Asperger`s that has made him incapable of empathy or real friendship, a psychiatrist has said.
One of Norway’s most prominent psychiatrists professor Ulrik Fredrik Malt told a court in Oslo that it is ‘plausible that there is Asperger`s, Tourette`s, and a narcissistic personality disorder’.
As evidence, he cited the lack of emotion Breivik showed when discussing those he killed, his impressive memory for details, his obsession with numbers, his hypergraphia (obsessive writing), and his monotonous tone of voice.
The Daily Mail quoted Malt as saying that all of these were evidence of ``functional disorders of the brain lobes``.
According to the report, Breivik, who killed 77 people in a shooting and bombing rampage last year, angrily interrupted Malt`s testimony, saying that his claims were ``insulting`` and ``abusive``.
“I would like to congratulate Professor Malt for his well-executed character assassination,” Breivik said in the end of the court hearing.
“In the beginning I was quite offended, but in the end I thought it was pretty funny. The premises outlined are not true,” he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India