`Norway mass killer suffers from Asperger’s`
Oslo: Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik may be suffering from a rare, high-functioning form of Asperger`s that has made him incapable of empathy or real friendship, a psychiatrist has said.
One of Norway’s most prominent psychiatrists professor Ulrik Fredrik Malt told a court in Oslo that it is ‘plausible that there is Asperger`s, Tourette`s, and a narcissistic personality disorder’.
As evidence, he cited the lack of emotion Breivik showed when discussing those he killed, his impressive memory for details, his obsession with numbers, his hypergraphia (obsessive writing), and his monotonous tone of voice.
The Daily Mail quoted Malt as saying that all of these were evidence of ``functional disorders of the brain lobes``.
According to the report, Breivik, who killed 77 people in a shooting and bombing rampage last year, angrily interrupted Malt`s testimony, saying that his claims were ``insulting`` and ``abusive``.
“I would like to congratulate Professor Malt for his well-executed character assassination,” Breivik said in the end of the court hearing.
“In the beginning I was quite offended, but in the end I thought it was pretty funny. The premises outlined are not true,” he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Terrorist outfit IS releases hitlist; 4000 people including 285 Indians targeted
- Mumbai: Woman missing after falling in manhole
- Mann Ki Baat: PM recalls dark days of 1975 Emergency, says democracy is our strength
- Mann Ki Baat: Conserve every drop of water, says PM
- PM Modi launches 'Smart City Project' in Pune
- Ricardo Quaresma heads Portugal into Euro 2016 quarters
- Michael Sheen to make directorial debut in killer movie
- Irish fans eye revenge against France; Germany take on Slovakia; Hungary face Belgium
- IIFA 2016 Fashion Trends: Top 6 looks that nailed it at the green carpet! - View pics
- WATCH: OH MY WORD! Did Xherdan Shaqiri score greatest ever Euro goal?