Norway mass killer wanted to look like Beckham
Oslo: Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who is accused of killing 77 people in a bombing and shooting rampage last year, was a self-styled ‘metrosexual’ who used David Beckham as an example, his friends have said.
The gunman’s friends told an Oslo court that Breivik’s life ‘fell apart’ after a failed relationship with a Belarusian Internet date left him struggling with his sexuality.
“That was perhaps his last attempt at dating a girl like the other boys did,” his best friend’s ex-girlfriend told the court.
According to The Telegraph, another friend revealed that Breivik might be homosexual because he was feminine and fastidious about his appearance.
“He used make-up powder, those kinds of things, and he explained that as being `metrosexual`. He made reference to David Beckham being that at the time,” the paper quoted Breivik’s friend, as saying.
Breivik retorted angrily when allowed to respond at the end of the day`s proceedings.
“I have not been vain after 2006, and I`ve never been feminine either. The only function that this powder had was as a cover to hide acne,” he said.
He also responded angrily to accusations he had a nose job to appear more ‘Aryan’.
According to the paper, four of Breivik`s friends, invited to give testimony, agreed that until 2006, Breivik had been a sociable, perfectly normal guy.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living