Norway mass killer wanted to look like Beckham
Oslo: Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who is accused of killing 77 people in a bombing and shooting rampage last year, was a self-styled ‘metrosexual’ who used David Beckham as an example, his friends have said.
The gunman’s friends told an Oslo court that Breivik’s life ‘fell apart’ after a failed relationship with a Belarusian Internet date left him struggling with his sexuality.
“That was perhaps his last attempt at dating a girl like the other boys did,” his best friend’s ex-girlfriend told the court.
According to The Telegraph, another friend revealed that Breivik might be homosexual because he was feminine and fastidious about his appearance.
“He used make-up powder, those kinds of things, and he explained that as being `metrosexual`. He made reference to David Beckham being that at the time,” the paper quoted Breivik’s friend, as saying.
Breivik retorted angrily when allowed to respond at the end of the day`s proceedings.
“I have not been vain after 2006, and I`ve never been feminine either. The only function that this powder had was as a cover to hide acne,” he said.
He also responded angrily to accusations he had a nose job to appear more ‘Aryan’.
According to the paper, four of Breivik`s friends, invited to give testimony, agreed that until 2006, Breivik had been a sociable, perfectly normal guy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Munich attack: 18-year-old German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at shopping mall
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley?
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part II
- DNA: Why are politicians and media ignoring the patriotic residents of Gurez Valley? Part III
- DNA: Analyzing the real problems of patriotic Kashmir's residents
- WOAH! Cristiano Ronaldo opens own 'CR7' hotel, gives name to airport
- Usain Bolt eases to victory, Kendra Harrison hurdles to glory
- Oil dives 2%, heads for weekly loss as US rigs rise
- German-Iranian gunman kills 9 at Munich shopping mall; police say he acted alone
- Body unnoticed in Australian fast-food outlet for days