Norway mass killer wanted to look like Beckham
Oslo: Norwegian mass killer Anders Behring Breivik, who is accused of killing 77 people in a bombing and shooting rampage last year, was a self-styled ‘metrosexual’ who used David Beckham as an example, his friends have said.
The gunman’s friends told an Oslo court that Breivik’s life ‘fell apart’ after a failed relationship with a Belarusian Internet date left him struggling with his sexuality.
“That was perhaps his last attempt at dating a girl like the other boys did,” his best friend’s ex-girlfriend told the court.
According to The Telegraph, another friend revealed that Breivik might be homosexual because he was feminine and fastidious about his appearance.
“He used make-up powder, those kinds of things, and he explained that as being `metrosexual`. He made reference to David Beckham being that at the time,” the paper quoted Breivik’s friend, as saying.
Breivik retorted angrily when allowed to respond at the end of the day`s proceedings.
“I have not been vain after 2006, and I`ve never been feminine either. The only function that this powder had was as a cover to hide acne,” he said.
He also responded angrily to accusations he had a nose job to appear more ‘Aryan’.
According to the paper, four of Breivik`s friends, invited to give testimony, agreed that until 2006, Breivik had been a sociable, perfectly normal guy.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families?
- Why are schools insensitive over complexities of poor families? - Part II
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India?
- DNA: Who are the sponsors and co-sponsors of terrorism in India? Part-II
- DNA: Analyzing the mystery of missing IAF aircraft AN-32
- Not everything they taught you in science was true - 10 myths debunked in this 3-min VIDEO!
- Home Minister level talks: India, Bangladesh resolve to fight terrorism together
- Ukraine at UN says Putin's Crimea decree 'null and void'
- Evening showers bring Gurugram to a grinding halt
- J&K govt to provide support for smooth functioning of schools