Norway ready to recognise Palestinian state
Oslo: Norway`s foreign minister says the Scandinavian country will back Palestinian officials in their appeal to the UN for statehood.
In a Facebook post late Saturday, Jonas Gahr Stoere wrote "Palestinians have the right to go to the UN" and Norway is "ready to recognise a Palestinian state”.
He also urged for talks to start between Israel and Palestinians, saying "only negotiations can solve things between Israel and Palestinians."
Frustrated by their inability to win concessions from Israel, the Palestinians have tried to gain attention with a high stakes wager on statehood and UN membership.
On Sunday, senior US and European officials will meet to try to find a way to bring Israel and the Palestinians back to stalled negotiations.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India