Norway rules out destroying Syrian chemical arms on its soil
Oslo: Norway said on Friday it would not be able to accommodate a request from the United States to help destroy Syria`s chemical arsenal on its soil, saying the schedule was too tight.
"With the understanding of the United States we have concluded that... it`s no longer appropriate to consider Norway as a site for the destruction (of the weapons)," Foreign Minister Boerge Brende said.
He said the decision was made based on the obligations laid out in the UN resolution foreseeing the destruction of the weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Should army take strict action against stone pelters of J&K?
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- CBI confirms Delhi health minister Satyendra Jain's indulgence in Hawala business
- DNA: Reason behind electricity crisis in India despite being power surplus nation
- The Kapil Sharma Show: No Sunday episode this weekend? Here’s why
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users