Norway rules out destroying Syrian chemical arms on its soil
Oslo: Norway said on Friday it would not be able to accommodate a request from the United States to help destroy Syria`s chemical arsenal on its soil, saying the schedule was too tight.
"With the understanding of the United States we have concluded that... it`s no longer appropriate to consider Norway as a site for the destruction (of the weapons)," Foreign Minister Boerge Brende said.
He said the decision was made based on the obligations laid out in the UN resolution foreseeing the destruction of the weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Paid sex: Good or bad? This girl was too eager to find out - Watch what happened!
- Massive storm at JNU over Afzal Guru as 'anti-India' slogans raised; university orders disciplinary enquiry
- Net Neutrality: Facebook board member's offensive tweet on 'colonialism' leaves Indians fuming
- Superstar Shah Rukh Khan's CPL franchise is now Trinbago Knight Riders
- 'Heartbroken' Virat Kohli deletes, then re-posts his sad pic