Norway: Three arrested for links to terror group
Stockholm: Norway`s security service said today three men with alleged links to an al-Qaida splinter group have been arrested on preliminary charges of supporting or participating in a terror organisation.
The PST security service said the three suspects are Norwegian citizens aged 29, 27 and 24. The oldest was born in Somalia and the other two were born in the former Yugoslavia. PST said two of the suspects have been fighting for the jihadist group Islamic State of Iraq and the Levant, which is fighting in Syria.
The agency said the three were arrested "to prevent additional support or adherence to ISIL," which is considered as a terrorist organisation under Norwegian law.
PST earlier this year said about 40-50 people have left Norway to join militant Islamist groups in Syria.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you