Norwegian flight in emergency landing after bomb threat
Stockholm: A Norwegian Air Shuttle flight made an emergency landing in the Swedish city of Gothenburg on Friday after a passenger made a bomb threat, Swedish police said.
"A passenger said that he had placed a bomb in the cargo area," police said in a statement, adding that the pilot has reported that a "suspicious object" could be onboard.
The Oslo-bound Boeing 737 from Copenhagen was carrying 94 people.
"Passengers have left the plane and the man who had warned of the bomb is under control by the police," Norwegian Air spokesman Lasse Sandaker-Nielsen told AFP, adding that the aircraft was being inspected.
A Norwegian TV2 reporter who was on the plane said the suspect tried to escape.
"He tried to run from the police, he tried to flee," he told TV2.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened