Norwegian killer believes court will rule him ‘sane`
London: Norwegian mass killer Anders Breivik, who killed 77 people in a on a bombing and shooting rampage last year, is convinced that the court trying him will find him sane and culpable.
It was revealed that Breivik anticipates being held in isolation in prison for the foreseeable future, where he could write essays and books and liaise with far-right networks from his cell, he would be ‘fighting with his pen’.
According to The Guardian, Breivik’s comments were reported by a team of court-appointed psychiatrists giving evidence, the second of two psychiatric teams to examine him.
Terje Torrissen and Agnar Aspaas were asked to carry out a second assessment of Breivik`s mental culpability after the first examination diagnosing Breivik`s ‘psychosis’ was leaked to the media.
They had rejected the theory that Breivik could have been suffering a transitory psychotic episode at the time of the killings.
According to Torrissen and Aspaas, Breivik said that claims he had made during his first assessment had been misunderstood.
He added he had made exaggerated claims about himself, which he now wanted to tone down, suggesting, Torrissen and Aspaas admit, that he had adapted how he presented himself to counter the suggestions of psychosis.
According to the paper, the issue of Breivik’s sanity has become the crucial question.
If Breivik, 33, is found sane, he will face a 21-year jail term, which could be extended indefinitely if he is still considered a threat to society.
If he is found insane he would receive closed psychiatric care, possibly for life.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon