Norwegian mass killer’s prison cell has ‘laptop`
Oslo: Norway gunman Anders Behring Breivik, who killed 77 people in a shooting and bombing rampage last year, has been given a private three-room prison cell with a computer and gym.
Breivik will be allotted the three eight square-metre rooms at Oslo`s Ila Prison, if he is found to be mentally ill during his sentencing on Friday.
According to Sky News, the mass killer’s cell includes a bedroom, exercise room kitted out with a treadmill, and an office with a laptop.
If declared insane, he will be the sole patient of a psychiatric ward built especially for him at the prison, with 17 staff on hand to treat him, the report said.
According to the report, Breivik has no access to the Internet, but has been given an offline copy of online encyclopaedia Wikipedia.
The right-wing extremist used this computer to prepare for his trial, and reply to letters from supporters.
His quarters also have a steel toilet and sink, and are monitored around the clock by specially trained staff via CCTV cameras.
Breivik, 33, has no contact with other prisoners, and has his own outdoor exercise yard measuring between 20 and 30 square metres, where he can spend an hour each day.
The yard is surrounded by high concrete walls and barbed wire to stop him escaping or seeing other prisoners, the report said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
More from Health
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: AIADMK member from Cuddalore dies after seeing news about Tamil Nadu CM's cardiac arrest