Norwegian police convinced that killer acted alone

Last Updated: Wednesday, August 10, 2011 - 22:18

Oslo: A Norwegian prosecutor says
investigators increasingly believe the confessed killer of 77
people in last month`s attacks planned and committed them on
his own.

Prosecutor Christian Hatlo says that after 40 hours of
questioning police are fairly certain Anders Behring Breivik
acted alone and that he appears to be telling the truth.

Hatlo said that police have been able to
verify much of what Breivik told them about the attacks and
that they have not discovered "any direct lie, yet."

Breivik detonated a bomb outside government buildings in
Oslo on July 22, killing eight, followed by a massacre at a
youth camp on an island outside the Norwegian capital where he
shot dead 69 people.

PTI




comments powered by Disqus