Norwegian royals evacuated from plane in Denmark
Copenhagen: A Scandinavian airlines flight with 135 people on board, including the Norwegian Crown Prince and Princess, has been evacuated at Copenhagen`s main airport Kastrup after smoke was detected in the cabin.
SAS spokesman Mikkel Thrane says the cabin was filled with smoke due to an engine problem, but that all passengers were evacuated safely early Sunday.
He says the plane was bound for Oslo and that Norway`s Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit were among the passengers.
Mette-Marit, who is known for her fear of flying, later thanked the SAS crew that managed the evacuation, writing on Twitter that her "morning turned out a bit more exciting than expected.. Phew.. (hash)stillnotentirelyoverflightphobia."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- India Couture Week: Anita Dongre brings couture for 'bride on the go'
- Pakistan taking unpleasant interest in imposing upon India their vicious motives: Khurshid
- Soon, share all kinds of files on WhatsApp; get better authentication feature
- Plea seeks imposition of Governor's rule in J&K; SC to hear matter next week
- Asthma breakthrough? Scientists find novel way to prevent the disease!