Norwegian royals evacuated from plane in Denmark
Copenhagen: A Scandinavian airlines flight with 135 people on board, including the Norwegian Crown Prince and Princess, has been evacuated at Copenhagen`s main airport Kastrup after smoke was detected in the cabin.
SAS spokesman Mikkel Thrane says the cabin was filled with smoke due to an engine problem, but that all passengers were evacuated safely early Sunday.
He says the plane was bound for Oslo and that Norway`s Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit were among the passengers.
Mette-Marit, who is known for her fear of flying, later thanked the SAS crew that managed the evacuation, writing on Twitter that her "morning turned out a bit more exciting than expected.. Phew.. (hash)stillnotentirelyoverflightphobia."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' release: I stand with Bollywood, why punish Pakistani artistes, says Digvijay Singh