Norwegian royals evacuated from plane in Denmark
Copenhagen: A Scandinavian airlines flight with 135 people on board, including the Norwegian Crown Prince and Princess, has been evacuated at Copenhagen`s main airport Kastrup after smoke was detected in the cabin.
SAS spokesman Mikkel Thrane says the cabin was filled with smoke due to an engine problem, but that all passengers were evacuated safely early Sunday.
He says the plane was bound for Oslo and that Norway`s Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit were among the passengers.
Mette-Marit, who is known for her fear of flying, later thanked the SAS crew that managed the evacuation, writing on Twitter that her "morning turned out a bit more exciting than expected.. Phew.. (hash)stillnotentirelyoverflightphobia."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Planning parenthood through surrogacy? Things you need to know
- When Muslim men chanted `Hindustan Zindabad`, `Pakistan Murdabad` slogans on Hyderabad roads – Watch
- US warns EU ahead of Apple tax evasion ruling
- Facebook, Twitter, Google failed to tackle terrorism: Panel
- Conversion of forest land the reason behind weakening of monsoon: Research