Norwegian royals evacuated from plane in Denmark
Copenhagen: A Scandinavian airlines flight with 135 people on board, including the Norwegian Crown Prince and Princess, has been evacuated at Copenhagen`s main airport Kastrup after smoke was detected in the cabin.
SAS spokesman Mikkel Thrane says the cabin was filled with smoke due to an engine problem, but that all passengers were evacuated safely early Sunday.
He says the plane was bound for Oslo and that Norway`s Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit were among the passengers.
Mette-Marit, who is known for her fear of flying, later thanked the SAS crew that managed the evacuation, writing on Twitter that her "morning turned out a bit more exciting than expected.. Phew.. (hash)stillnotentirelyoverflightphobia."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intermediate Examination (Arts) Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 2:00 pm
- Class 10th (Matric) Exam Result 2016 will be declared today on 29th May 2016 at 12: 00 pm
- Putin vows Russian retaliation over US missile shield in Europe
- More than 2,000 boat migrants rescued off Italy, 45 dead
- Trump rules out US presidential debate with Sanders