Not another war over Kosovo: Serbia`s President
Belgrade: Serbia`s President has ruled out the use of force in Kosovo following violence in the former Serbian province that left one person dead.
Boris Tadic told a special session of Serbian Parliament on Sunday that Serbia won`t wage another war in Kosovo and will try to settle the ethnic dispute peacefully.
Tadic spoke after nationalist Serb lawmakers lashed out at NATO, EU officials in Kosovo and local ethnic Albanian authorities, blaming them for last week`s violence. It began when Kosovo forces took control of two crossing points with Serbia.
On Sunday, Parliament adopted a resolution calling for a peaceful resolution of the crisis.
Kosovo declared independence from Serbia in 2008, and Serbia refused to accept that.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next