Not revealed sources in US cables: WikiLeaks
London: The whistleblowing website WikiLeaks denied on Tuesday that it has revealed the names of some of the sources in a new batch of US diplomatic cables it has released.
The New York Times alleged that some of the 133,887 newly published cables included the names of some people who had spoken confidentially to US diplomats.
A message on WikiLeaks` official Twitter feed said: "Totally false that any WikiLeaks sources have been exposed or will be exposed."
The message went on to describe the New York Times, one of its former media partners, as "drooling, senile and evil".
US State Department officials and human rights groups have expressed concern that such sources could face reprisals if identified.
In previous releases of US diplomatic cables, WikiLeaks has worked with selected media partners and the names of sources of information were carefully redacted.
German media reports have suggested that WikiLeaks had sprung a "leak", allowing unredacted copies of the cables to be published.
WikiLeaks made no comment on the accusation. In a statement released Sunday, the website said the decision to release the thousands of new cables directly had been taken "in accordance with WikiLeaks` commitment to maximising impact, and making information available to all".
WikiLeaks` founder Julian Assange is fighting extradition from Britain to Sweden where he is wanted to face questioning over allegations of rape and sexual assault.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Samajwadi Party-Congress alliance just a compulsion for Akhilesh Yadav?
- BMC election results 2017: Shiv Sena ahead as single largest party
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Pakistan cancels licenses of weapons issued to Hafiz Saeed and his aides
- BMC election 2017 results LIVE: BJP's tally rises to 82 after Atul Shah wins in lottery, Shiv Sena bags 84; CM Fadnavis hails PM Modi's clean governance
- How Kashmiris use children for 'meri jaan Pakistan' type 'freedom struggle' - WATCH
- Maharashtra Civic Poll Results 2017 LIVE: Shiv Sena leads in Mumbai but BJP the big winner
- Solapur Municipal Corporation Elections 2017: Shiv Sena wins, BJP runners-up
- Thane Municipal Corporation Elections 2017 Results LIVE: Shiv Sena set for clear majority, leading in 51 seats, BJP in 17