Now, Chinese videogame that lets players fight Japanese
Washington: A Chinese newspaper has launched an Internet game letting players decide the Senkaku islands issue - with force.
The Global Times launched the game called `Recover the Diaoyu Islands`, which controls People`s Liberation Army vessel and shoot Japanese ships and planes, the South China Morning Post reports.
According to Fox News, the game declares that the China`s determination to protect the Diaoyu Islands is unwavering!
Victory is achieved when players guide the ship to an island and successfully avoid the Japanese forces.
The Diaoyu Islands, which are known as the Senkaku Islands in Japan, were placed in Japan`s control after a post-World War II agreement with the US in 1972.
Last year, Japan nationalised ownership of the uninhabited islands, which used to be privately owned, the South China Morning Post reports.
Since then, China`s Foreign Ministry has declared sovereignty over the islands, calling it a "core interest”, to claim them for China, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win
- Tri-Nation series: Darren Bravo, Shannon Gabriel help West Indies topple South Africa
- China renews yellow alert for heat wave
- Navjot Singh Sidhu gets place in Punjab BJP core committee, Anil Joshi out
- She's just 8 months old but parents want mercy killing: Read her story