Now, new comic book depicting ‘Osama killing’
Washington: A US based company has published a new comic book that depicts the death of Osama bin laden in a CIA operation last year.
The comic by Bluewater Productions, which has made a name for itself in recent years for its political comic books, also depicts the September 11 terror attacks and the subsequent U.S. interventions abroad and efforts to track down bin Laden.
“Countless Americans and citizens around the world fantasized about ending the existence of the person who okayed the 9/11 attacks and who was responsible for thousands of political murders on four contents,” the book writes in its opening pages.
“Here is the story of how one of the biggest monsters in modern times was finally located, hunted down and punished,” it added.
According to Politico, given that many of the details behind bin Laden’s death remain unknown, the book contains an elaborate disclaimer.
“This book is based on true events with actions and dialogue depicted as accurately as possible based on the information that is now known,” it said.
“Where exact quotes and dialogue were not possible, they were paraphrased or generated for dramatic effect based on what sources say was discussed and the mood at the time,” it added.
The book graphically and violently depicts the shooting of bin Laden and concludes with a note that ‘though many celebrated his death, it can be argued that he had long since been defeated.’
“Rather than be xenophobic, immigration actually rose in the decade since 9/11. The nation’s soul healed enough that some could sell crass items like Osama pinatas and few thought they were being disrespectful,” the note said.
“Rather than being fixated on all-terror-all-the-time news stations, American eventually sought out escapist fare like sitcoms. We fly without fear. We’re more careful, but hardly afraid. In the end that is the real victory over Osama bin Laden. Not in his death, but in the ways he failed to change us,” it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part II
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part III
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part IV
- Will continue to be your 'pradhan sevak', says PM Modi in UP rally - Part V
- Moved on after Twitter-spat with Irani: Priyanka Chaturvedi
- Speculation abounds over new Taliban chief`s leaked photo
- Watch video: This is just not the way this cat's humans expected it to behave on seeing a rat!
- There are 'no good or bad terrorists': Pranab Mukherjee tells Xi Jinping
- When Narendra Modi took oath of office as 15th PM of India on May 26, 2014 - Watch video