Now, new comic book depicting ‘Osama killing’
Washington: A US based company has published a new comic book that depicts the death of Osama bin laden in a CIA operation last year.
The comic by Bluewater Productions, which has made a name for itself in recent years for its political comic books, also depicts the September 11 terror attacks and the subsequent U.S. interventions abroad and efforts to track down bin Laden.
“Countless Americans and citizens around the world fantasized about ending the existence of the person who okayed the 9/11 attacks and who was responsible for thousands of political murders on four contents,” the book writes in its opening pages.
“Here is the story of how one of the biggest monsters in modern times was finally located, hunted down and punished,” it added.
According to Politico, given that many of the details behind bin Laden’s death remain unknown, the book contains an elaborate disclaimer.
“This book is based on true events with actions and dialogue depicted as accurately as possible based on the information that is now known,” it said.
“Where exact quotes and dialogue were not possible, they were paraphrased or generated for dramatic effect based on what sources say was discussed and the mood at the time,” it added.
The book graphically and violently depicts the shooting of bin Laden and concludes with a note that ‘though many celebrated his death, it can be argued that he had long since been defeated.’
“Rather than be xenophobic, immigration actually rose in the decade since 9/11. The nation’s soul healed enough that some could sell crass items like Osama pinatas and few thought they were being disrespectful,” the note said.
“Rather than being fixated on all-terror-all-the-time news stations, American eventually sought out escapist fare like sitcoms. We fly without fear. We’re more careful, but hardly afraid. In the end that is the real victory over Osama bin Laden. Not in his death, but in the ways he failed to change us,” it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP: Jammu-bound Muri Express derails in Kaushambi
- Five unmanned parachute-like objects spotted over Mumbai airport
- CBSE Board Class 12th Exam Results 2015 declared
- Jaipur girl Mini Rajpal wins Miss India Deaf 2015!
- Delhi's 2015 CBSE Class 12 topper M Gayatri talks to Zee Media
- Dawood's intercepted phone calls prove yet again he is in Pakistan
- Mumbai architecture creates double decker bus from scrap!
- No respite from heat for next three days: IMD
- One year of Modi govt: PM addresses mega rally in Mathura
- Watch: Mumbai cops find new secret agents in housewives!
- DNA: Sikh man in New Zealand removed his turban to help injured kid
- One year of Modi govt: PM promises to fulfil aspirations
- Police registers case after parachute-like objects were spotted over Mumbai airport
- Growing medical negligence in Delhi's AIIMS
- DNA: AIIMS doctor removes both kidneys of minor, claims she had only one
- Heatwave claims over 550 lives so far, Delhi saw hottest day
- Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 declared
- LIVE - Cbse.nic.in & cbseresults.nic.in Class 12th XII Results 2015: CBSE Board Class 12th XII Exam Results 2015 to be announced shortly
- Check cbseresults.nic.in for CBSE Class 12 result 2015
- Check WBBSE (wbresults.nic.in) Class 12th Results: West Bengal Board (wbscvet.org) Higher Secondary Class XII Vocational Results to be declared today at 4 PM
- Two dead, over 100 injured as Muri Express derails in UP; Prabhu announces Rs 2 lakhs ex-gratia for kin of dead
- PM Narendra Modi's Mathura rally: As it happened
- CBSE Class 12 results out: Here's how you can check
- Public rally on 100 days of AAP govt: As it happened
- Arvind Kejriwal's Aam Aadmi Party changes its logo
- One year of NDA govt: PM Modi writes open letter to nation, promises to transform India
- Unidentified flying objects spotted over Mumbai airport not motorised: Home Department
- World optimistic about India: PM Narendra Modi on 1 year of NDA govt
- Militants kill five, target telecoms in Kashmir attacks
- Bharatiya Janata Party lacks majority for Ram Temple, Article 370: Amit Shah