Now, new comic book depicting ‘Osama killing’
Washington: A US based company has published a new comic book that depicts the death of Osama bin laden in a CIA operation last year.
The comic by Bluewater Productions, which has made a name for itself in recent years for its political comic books, also depicts the September 11 terror attacks and the subsequent U.S. interventions abroad and efforts to track down bin Laden.
“Countless Americans and citizens around the world fantasized about ending the existence of the person who okayed the 9/11 attacks and who was responsible for thousands of political murders on four contents,” the book writes in its opening pages.
“Here is the story of how one of the biggest monsters in modern times was finally located, hunted down and punished,” it added.
According to Politico, given that many of the details behind bin Laden’s death remain unknown, the book contains an elaborate disclaimer.
“This book is based on true events with actions and dialogue depicted as accurately as possible based on the information that is now known,” it said.
“Where exact quotes and dialogue were not possible, they were paraphrased or generated for dramatic effect based on what sources say was discussed and the mood at the time,” it added.
The book graphically and violently depicts the shooting of bin Laden and concludes with a note that ‘though many celebrated his death, it can be argued that he had long since been defeated.’
“Rather than be xenophobic, immigration actually rose in the decade since 9/11. The nation’s soul healed enough that some could sell crass items like Osama pinatas and few thought they were being disrespectful,” the note said.
“Rather than being fixated on all-terror-all-the-time news stations, American eventually sought out escapist fare like sitcoms. We fly without fear. We’re more careful, but hardly afraid. In the end that is the real victory over Osama bin Laden. Not in his death, but in the ways he failed to change us,” it added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Exclusive: Prakash Javadekar's views on issue of climate change before UN summit
- Kerala's Sunni religious leader calls gender equality ‘un-Islamic’
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Russia strikes down Goa, India from its safe travel destinations list
- Intolerance issue: Aamir Khan's remarks 'innocent', says Rajkumar Hirani
- Arvind Kejriwal backs Tarun Gogoi's claim over Guv favouring BJP, suspects 'coop federalism'
- PM Modi leaves for Paris to take part in Climate Conference