Now, new comic book depicting ‘Osama killing’
Washington: A US based company has published a new comic book that depicts the death of Osama bin laden in a CIA operation last year.
The comic by Bluewater Productions, which has made a name for itself in recent years for its political comic books, also depicts the September 11 terror attacks and the subsequent U.S. interventions abroad and efforts to track down bin Laden.
“Countless Americans and citizens around the world fantasized about ending the existence of the person who okayed the 9/11 attacks and who was responsible for thousands of political murders on four contents,” the book writes in its opening pages.
“Here is the story of how one of the biggest monsters in modern times was finally located, hunted down and punished,” it added.
According to Politico, given that many of the details behind bin Laden’s death remain unknown, the book contains an elaborate disclaimer.
“This book is based on true events with actions and dialogue depicted as accurately as possible based on the information that is now known,” it said.
“Where exact quotes and dialogue were not possible, they were paraphrased or generated for dramatic effect based on what sources say was discussed and the mood at the time,” it added.
The book graphically and violently depicts the shooting of bin Laden and concludes with a note that ‘though many celebrated his death, it can be argued that he had long since been defeated.’
“Rather than be xenophobic, immigration actually rose in the decade since 9/11. The nation’s soul healed enough that some could sell crass items like Osama pinatas and few thought they were being disrespectful,” the note said.
“Rather than being fixated on all-terror-all-the-time news stations, American eventually sought out escapist fare like sitcoms. We fly without fear. We’re more careful, but hardly afraid. In the end that is the real victory over Osama bin Laden. Not in his death, but in the ways he failed to change us,” it added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi calls meeting to review Indus Waters Treaty today
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- Watch: Sushma Swaraj addresses the UN General Assembly
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi