Now `Sex initiation ritual` scandal hits Aussie Armed Forces
Sydney: The recent scandal in the Australian Defence Forces (ADF) which included suspension of seven cadets for `serious misconduct` has reportedly revealed a `sex initiation ritual` carried out by Male Defence Force recruits on fellow cadets in a Canberra nightclub.
In a series of sex scandals hitting the ADF, the recent revelations point towards 20 male cadets and midshipmen involved in `performing sexual acts` to other men in a drunken state, the Sydney Morning Herald reports.
According to the report, the recruits involved in the act belong to the ADF Academy where the notorious `Skype affair` was also reported in 2011.
Vice Chief of the Defence Force, Air Marshal Mark Binskin said that such conduct will not be tolerated and after suspension of seven cadets and midshipmen more suspensions are expected.
Air Marshal Binskin said that the incident is not related to the alleged group of ADF personnel called `Jedi Council` who were slammed for circulating demeaning `sexist emails` about women including fellow female cadets.
He further commended the fellow recruits who showed `moral courage` to report about the incident of `misconduct`.
The ADF Investigative Service is examining the incident but the ACT police are not involved as Air Marshal Binskin stressed that there were no victims in this incident unlike the `Jedi Council` or `Skype Affair`, the report added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi holds talks with Uzbek leader
- Shahid Kapoor marriage: 500 guests have been invited for the wedding, says card designer
- Mass failure in DU exam: HRD Minister Smriti Irani asks officials to enquire
- Vyapam scam: Congress accuses MP CM of 'misleading' people, demands his resignation
- Vyapam scam: After over 45 deaths, can Shivraj Singh Chouhan resist CBI probe?