Now, Strauss Kahn embroiled in gangrape case
Lille: Former IMF chief, Dominique Strauss Kahn has been embroiled in one controversy or the other for a while now. Now, he has landed himself in yet another trouble on Friday after claims emerged that he took part in a gang rape at a sex party in Washington DC.
As per an agency’s report, French prosecutors are examining an eyewitness’ statement that the disgraced official was involved in pimping case.
“Strauss Kahn could be implicated for a lengthy period of time in prison, if found guilty,” a spokesman for the state prosecutor`s office in the northern French city of Lille said on Thursday.
The spokesman also added, “The Lille prosecutor was presented by the magistrates charged with investigating the `Carlton affair` with a notice to make known, for whatever useful purpose, evidence of gang rape.”
Strauss-Kahn along with two businessmen and a police chief has already been charged with "aggravated pimping in an organised gang" for allegedly organising a prostitution ring for orgies in France, the US and at other places.
A Belgian sex worker in her testimony alleged that she was forced to take part in sex acts against her will at a party attended by Strauss-Kahn and his friends in a Washington hotel suite in December 2010.
Another escort present at the party partially confirmed her statement, but she has not sought to press charges against Kahn.
Earlier, Strauss-Kahn had admitted he had a free-wheeling sexual lifestyle when he was managing director of International Monetary Fund, but he has always denied behaving in a violent manner towards his partners.
In May 2011, a 32-year-old maid, Nafissatou Diallo at the Sofitel New York Hotel leveled charges that Strauss-Kahn had sexually assaulted her after she entered his hotel suite following which he was was arrested.
Following a series of sexual allegations, Strauss-Kahn had to resign from the post of managing director of IMF on 18 May 2011.
Strauss Kahn’s plans to contend as French presidential candidate from Socialist party sank when he was found to be involved in attempted rape case in New York last year.
Meanwhile, Strauss-Kahn’s lawyers, Henri Leclerc, Frederique Baulieu and Richard Malka said in a statement, “Strauss-Kahn absolutely contests having committed the slightest act of violence of any nature whatsoever.”
"Distorted information, manipulation and a desire for a lynching cannot forever be a substitute for reality," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Know the significance of Devshayani Ekadashi
- What's the motive behind politicising Yakub Memon's death penalty?
- Punjab: Terrorists in Army uniform attack police station in Gurdaspur
- Lalu Prasad Yadav calls PM Modi ''Kans'', BJP ''Bharat Jalao Party''
- Mumbai blasts case: Maharashtra govt opposes Yakub Memon's mercy plea in SC
- Watch: Yuvraj Singh takes up Shoaib Malik's challenge, puts on his dancing shoes
- SC to resume hearing on Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's mercy plea on Tuesday
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- Lalu Prasad Yadav arrested as RJD bandh cripples life in Bihar
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY