Now, Strauss Kahn embroiled in gangrape case
Lille: Former IMF chief, Dominique Strauss Kahn has been embroiled in one controversy or the other for a while now. Now, he has landed himself in yet another trouble on Friday after claims emerged that he took part in a gang rape at a sex party in Washington DC.
As per an agency’s report, French prosecutors are examining an eyewitness’ statement that the disgraced official was involved in pimping case.
“Strauss Kahn could be implicated for a lengthy period of time in prison, if found guilty,” a spokesman for the state prosecutor`s office in the northern French city of Lille said on Thursday.
The spokesman also added, “The Lille prosecutor was presented by the magistrates charged with investigating the `Carlton affair` with a notice to make known, for whatever useful purpose, evidence of gang rape.”
Strauss-Kahn along with two businessmen and a police chief has already been charged with "aggravated pimping in an organised gang" for allegedly organising a prostitution ring for orgies in France, the US and at other places.
A Belgian sex worker in her testimony alleged that she was forced to take part in sex acts against her will at a party attended by Strauss-Kahn and his friends in a Washington hotel suite in December 2010.
Another escort present at the party partially confirmed her statement, but she has not sought to press charges against Kahn.
Earlier, Strauss-Kahn had admitted he had a free-wheeling sexual lifestyle when he was managing director of International Monetary Fund, but he has always denied behaving in a violent manner towards his partners.
In May 2011, a 32-year-old maid, Nafissatou Diallo at the Sofitel New York Hotel leveled charges that Strauss-Kahn had sexually assaulted her after she entered his hotel suite following which he was was arrested.
Following a series of sexual allegations, Strauss-Kahn had to resign from the post of managing director of IMF on 18 May 2011.
Strauss Kahn’s plans to contend as French presidential candidate from Socialist party sank when he was found to be involved in attempted rape case in New York last year.
Meanwhile, Strauss-Kahn’s lawyers, Henri Leclerc, Frederique Baulieu and Richard Malka said in a statement, “Strauss-Kahn absolutely contests having committed the slightest act of violence of any nature whatsoever.”
"Distorted information, manipulation and a desire for a lynching cannot forever be a substitute for reality," it said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Zee Media exclusive chat with 'Welcome to Karachi' cast
- Zee Media exclusive interview with Haryana CM Manohar Lal Khattar
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- 'Tanu Weds Manu Returns' starts on a good note at the Box Office!
- CBSE Results 2015: 12th board exam results to be declared on May 25