NRI doctor killed by stalker in US
Yale: Vajinder Toor, a 34 year old Indian origin doctor teaching at Yale University is gunned down in the parking lot outside his condominium in this New Haven suburb.
According to Branford Police spokesman Lt. Geoffrey Morgan, Toor was shot multiple times. Even, the shooter also fired at Dr. Toor`s six-months-pregnant wife, but missed.
Shortly after the incident, the police arrested Lishan Wang, a 44-year-old Chinese emigre, about a mile from the scene as he drove toward I-95.
Police charged Dr. Wang with murder, criminal attempt to commit murder, carrying a weapon without a permit, and other weapons charges. Wang was taken into custody on a traffic stop nearby after residents provided police with details about the suspect and his vehicle.
Toor worked at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in New York before joining Yale. Police are investigating whether Toor and the gunman had a dispute on the job, using information provided by the victim`s wife, said Lt. Geoffrey Morgan. Toor did her graduation from a university in Delhi, India in 2001. Dr. Toor is survived with a three year old son and wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Islamic State bombings in southern Yemen kill 38
- UK pensions minister Crabb considering bid to succeed PM Cameron: Report
- Special panel on India's NSG membership bid? We're not aware, says China
- Ruby Rai, Bihar Class 12 topper now under arrest for cheating, says she never wanted to top the exam
- Euro 2016: Iceland stun England in one of greatest ever shocks