NRI doctor killed by stalker in US
Yale: Vajinder Toor, a 34 year old Indian origin doctor teaching at Yale University is gunned down in the parking lot outside his condominium in this New Haven suburb.
According to Branford Police spokesman Lt. Geoffrey Morgan, Toor was shot multiple times. Even, the shooter also fired at Dr. Toor`s six-months-pregnant wife, but missed.
Shortly after the incident, the police arrested Lishan Wang, a 44-year-old Chinese emigre, about a mile from the scene as he drove toward I-95.
Police charged Dr. Wang with murder, criminal attempt to commit murder, carrying a weapon without a permit, and other weapons charges. Wang was taken into custody on a traffic stop nearby after residents provided police with details about the suspect and his vehicle.
Toor worked at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in New York before joining Yale. Police are investigating whether Toor and the gunman had a dispute on the job, using information provided by the victim`s wife, said Lt. Geoffrey Morgan. Toor did her graduation from a university in Delhi, India in 2001. Dr. Toor is survived with a three year old son and wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon