NRI doctor killed by stalker in US
Yale: Vajinder Toor, a 34 year old Indian origin doctor teaching at Yale University is gunned down in the parking lot outside his condominium in this New Haven suburb.
According to Branford Police spokesman Lt. Geoffrey Morgan, Toor was shot multiple times. Even, the shooter also fired at Dr. Toor`s six-months-pregnant wife, but missed.
Shortly after the incident, the police arrested Lishan Wang, a 44-year-old Chinese emigre, about a mile from the scene as he drove toward I-95.
Police charged Dr. Wang with murder, criminal attempt to commit murder, carrying a weapon without a permit, and other weapons charges. Wang was taken into custody on a traffic stop nearby after residents provided police with details about the suspect and his vehicle.
Toor worked at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in New York before joining Yale. Police are investigating whether Toor and the gunman had a dispute on the job, using information provided by the victim`s wife, said Lt. Geoffrey Morgan. Toor did her graduation from a university in Delhi, India in 2001. Dr. Toor is survived with a three year old son and wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read