NRI doctor killed by stalker in US
Yale: Vajinder Toor, a 34 year old Indian origin doctor teaching at Yale University is gunned down in the parking lot outside his condominium in this New Haven suburb.
According to Branford Police spokesman Lt. Geoffrey Morgan, Toor was shot multiple times. Even, the shooter also fired at Dr. Toor`s six-months-pregnant wife, but missed.
Shortly after the incident, the police arrested Lishan Wang, a 44-year-old Chinese emigre, about a mile from the scene as he drove toward I-95.
Police charged Dr. Wang with murder, criminal attempt to commit murder, carrying a weapon without a permit, and other weapons charges. Wang was taken into custody on a traffic stop nearby after residents provided police with details about the suspect and his vehicle.
Toor worked at Kingsbrook Jewish Medical Center in New York before joining Yale. Police are investigating whether Toor and the gunman had a dispute on the job, using information provided by the victim`s wife, said Lt. Geoffrey Morgan. Toor did her graduation from a university in Delhi, India in 2001. Dr. Toor is survived with a three year old son and wife.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui