NRI elected to National Policy Forum of UK`s Labour Party
London: A leading NRI doctor Neeraj Patil, former mayor of the London Borough of Lambeth, has been elected to the prestigious National Policy Forum of Britain`s Labour party.
The Forum is a centrally elected body that formulates Labour Party`s policy, which is subject to vote at the Party`s Annual Conference held every September.
In a statement, Keith Vaz, MP, applauded the election of Patil to the Forum.
"The Labour Party has always been the voice of Black Ethnic Minorities (BAME) and has more BAME MPs & Councillors in its fold than any other party in Britain," Vaz said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda