NRI elected to National Policy Forum of UK`s Labour Party
London: A leading NRI doctor Neeraj Patil, former mayor of the London Borough of Lambeth, has been elected to the prestigious National Policy Forum of Britain`s Labour party.
The Forum is a centrally elected body that formulates Labour Party`s policy, which is subject to vote at the Party`s Annual Conference held every September.
In a statement, Keith Vaz, MP, applauded the election of Patil to the Forum.
"The Labour Party has always been the voice of Black Ethnic Minorities (BAME) and has more BAME MPs & Councillors in its fold than any other party in Britain," Vaz said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan