NRI honeymoon murder: New facts raise doubts
London: New CCTV footage has raised doubts
over the claims made by investigators against Indian-origin
British businessman Shrien Dewani`s role in the murder of his
wife while on honeymoon in South Africa in 2010.
The new footage obtained by the BBC video shows Shrien and
Anni Dewani kissing hours before the murder and raises
questions about the credibility of a key witness who is
Details of the new evidence are scheduled to be telecast
on the BBC`s Panorama programme tonight.
South African authorities have named Dewani as a suspect
in Anni`s murder in November 2010 and have applied for his
Bristol-based Dewani, who denies any involvement, has
appealed against his extradition. A decision is expected in
the High Court on Friday.
Taxi driver Zola Tongo, who has admitted his part
in the murder, claims that he was hired by Dewani to arrange
his wife`s execution during a fake car-jacking, the BBC said
and adding that the CCTV footage calls into question Tongo`s
version of events.
Anni`s family said if Shrien were innocent as he claims,
he should travel to South Africa and answer investigators`
"If he is innocent, the court will show that and if
he`s not then he should pay for what he`s done," Anni Dewani`s
sister Ami Denborg told the BBC.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie