NRI Labour Party candidate accuses rival of supporting violence
London: A leading NRI labour candidate,
Virendra Sharma, seeking re-election in the May 6 UK general
election has claimed that his Conservative Indian-origin rival
is a supporter of violence.
In a lengthy letter to the Leader of the Conservatives,
David Cameron, Sharma seeking reelection from the Ealing
Southall constituency, said "Gurcharan Singh supports
violence and murder as legitimate tools against opponents."
Sharma told newsmen that Singh, a former Labour
Councillor who is contesting against the Labour in the
parliamentary election rejoiced when Indira Gandhi, former
prime minister of India, was assassinated.
Sharma produced alleged evidence of Singh`s remarks
after Gandhi was gunned down by her Sikh bodyguards.
Singh, a pro-Khalistan activist and then a Labour
councillor in the Borough of Ealing, told the Southall
Gazette, a local paper, that he felt a "sense of relief" at
the news, Sharma claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Shocking CCTV footage of a woman assaulting her mother-in-law
- Quota row: Hardik Patel threatens Gujarat’s govt again
- Mumbai police to probe if RK Singh's claims on Dawood Ibrahim substantiated
- DNA: Sad reality behind the shutting down of the historic Gita Press
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie
- After Naved, another Pakistani terrorist Sajjad Ahmed caught alive in Jammu and Kashmir
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder