NRI Labour Party candidate accuses rival of supporting violence
London: A leading NRI labour candidate,
Virendra Sharma, seeking re-election in the May 6 UK general
election has claimed that his Conservative Indian-origin rival
is a supporter of violence.
In a lengthy letter to the Leader of the Conservatives,
David Cameron, Sharma seeking reelection from the Ealing
Southall constituency, said "Gurcharan Singh supports
violence and murder as legitimate tools against opponents."
Sharma told newsmen that Singh, a former Labour
Councillor who is contesting against the Labour in the
parliamentary election rejoiced when Indira Gandhi, former
prime minister of India, was assassinated.
Sharma produced alleged evidence of Singh`s remarks
after Gandhi was gunned down by her Sikh bodyguards.
Singh, a pro-Khalistan activist and then a Labour
councillor in the Borough of Ealing, told the Southall
Gazette, a local paper, that he felt a "sense of relief" at
the news, Sharma claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Videos of Indian casualties on Pakistani channels 'doctored', say Army sources
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are