Nuclear-armed Iran unacceptable: Pentagon
Washington: Iran must not be allowed to acquire nuclear weapons, the US Department of Defence has said.
"Our assessment of the programme remains the same... We are very concerned about where they might be headed. An Iran with a nuclear weapon is unacceptable," said George Little, acting assistant secretary of defence for public affairs, Thursday.
"The United States has made that point crystal clear that all options are on the table to prevent Iran from developing that capability," Little said.
"We don`t know, at this stage, whether they have made the decision to proceed with the development of a nuclear weapon. It would be unacceptable if they do move forward," he said.
The Pentagon spokesperson said he believes sanctions are the most effective way to pressure Iran.
The West accuses Iran of pursuing a secret nuclear weapons programme but Tehran insists it needs nuclear power solely to generate electricity.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Pawan, a BE student develops smart dustbin -Watch
- More than 9 lakh people participated in the oath-taking ceremony of Donald Trump
- DNA: Analyzing the harmful effects of selfies
- Report of a taxi driver who lends helping hand to patients in Mumbai
- 7th Pay Commission: Central govt employees expect Committee on Allowances report in February
- Cuttack ODI: Umpire Kumar Dharmasena messes up DRS review, twitter couldn't stop trolling
- Yuvraj Singh's wife Hazel Keech suggests new middle name for hubby Yuvi following Cuttack heroics
- India vs England, 3rd ODI: MS Dhoni felicitated at Eden Gardens — VIDEOS INSIDE
- Bigots at it again! Mohammed Shami called un-Islamic for posting picture with dog