Nuclear Iran must be stopped: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel’s Defence Minister says the world must prepare to “swiftly and firmly” stop Tehran from acquiring atomic weapons and setting off a regional nuclear arms race.
In a thinly-veiled reference to a military strike, Ehud Barak acknowledges that such an operation would be “complex, risky and unpredictable”.
He warns that a nuclear Iran “would be far more complex, dangerous and immeasurably more costly,” both in terms of human lives and financially.
At the Israeli Defence Ministry’s annual Independence Day reception late Thursday, Barak warned that “Saudi Arabia, Turkey and even Egypt would be forced to join the race.”
He also predicted a nuclear Iran would “assertively” back anti-Israel militants in “sowing terror in the region and throughout the world”.
Iran denies it aims to build nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- Seven killed in Mogadishu beach restaurant attack: Official
- Hungary to build second fence on border with Serbia to keep out migrants
- Curfew in several areas of Kashmir ahead of planned march
- No ''tech traces'' of American University attack found: Pakistan to Afghanistan
- Intex unveils Cloud Tread smartphone for multi-taskers at Rs 4,999