Nuclear Iran must be stopped: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel’s Defence Minister says the world must prepare to “swiftly and firmly” stop Tehran from acquiring atomic weapons and setting off a regional nuclear arms race.
In a thinly-veiled reference to a military strike, Ehud Barak acknowledges that such an operation would be “complex, risky and unpredictable”.
He warns that a nuclear Iran “would be far more complex, dangerous and immeasurably more costly,” both in terms of human lives and financially.
At the Israeli Defence Ministry’s annual Independence Day reception late Thursday, Barak warned that “Saudi Arabia, Turkey and even Egypt would be forced to join the race.”
He also predicted a nuclear Iran would “assertively” back anti-Israel militants in “sowing terror in the region and throughout the world”.
Iran denies it aims to build nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Team Yogi Adityanath: List of Yogi's ministers with their portfolios - Check who got what