Nuclear Iran must be stopped: Israeli minister
Jerusalem: Israel’s Defence Minister says the world must prepare to “swiftly and firmly” stop Tehran from acquiring atomic weapons and setting off a regional nuclear arms race.
In a thinly-veiled reference to a military strike, Ehud Barak acknowledges that such an operation would be “complex, risky and unpredictable”.
He warns that a nuclear Iran “would be far more complex, dangerous and immeasurably more costly,” both in terms of human lives and financially.
At the Israeli Defence Ministry’s annual Independence Day reception late Thursday, Barak warned that “Saudi Arabia, Turkey and even Egypt would be forced to join the race.”
He also predicted a nuclear Iran would “assertively” back anti-Israel militants in “sowing terror in the region and throughout the world”.
Iran denies it aims to build nuclear weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- Gujarat Dalit protest: After Rahul, Kejriwal to visit violence-hit Una today
- PM Narendra Modi to lay foundation stone of AIIMS in Gorakhpur today
- Rajya Sabha to vote on bill seeking 'special status' for Andhra Pradesh today
- 'Bunty Chor' - Delhi's high-end car thief arrested; BMW, Toyota Fortuner recovered
- Mayawati slur: Dayashankar Singh may surrender today; wife alleges harassment by BSP goons