Nuclear test targeted at US, says North Korea
Pyongyang: North Korea said Thursday it plans a new nuclear test and more rocket launches.
In a statement carried by KCNA news agency, the National Defense Commission said that in a new phase of the anti-US struggle, North Korea does not hide its plans to continue launching "a variety of satellites and long-range rockets", and carry out a "higher level" nuclear test targeted at the US, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people".
The commission also criticized the UN Security Council resolution that condemns the country`s recent satellite launch, reported Xinhua.
"No dialogue on the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula will be possible in the future even though there may be dialogues and negotiations on ensuring peace and security in the region including the Korean Peninsula."
The 15-member UN Security Council Tuesday unanimously approved Resolution 2087, which requires North Korea to comply with all relevant resolutions approved by the Security Council and not to use the ballistic missile technology for any launch.
It also reiterated a peaceful, diplomatic and political solution to the issues concerned and advocated the renewal of the six-party talks over the denuclearization issue on the Korean Peninsula.
The six-party talks, which involve South Korea, North Korea, China, the US, Japan and Russia, began in 2003 but stalled in December 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dengue cases on the rise in Delhi - Is the govt waiting for another epidemic?
- JNU student accuses fellow PhD scholar and AISA member of rape
- Sukhoi 30MKI posted in Arunachal Pradesh; Kiren Rijiju lauds development
- Olympic medalist PV Sindhu returns to Hyderabad; receives grand welcome
- Twelve-year-old ISIS suicide bomber caught and arrested in Iraq
- Rio Olympics bid farewell as athletes sign-off with a colorful closing ceremony
- Athletes’ Report Card: See how the Indian athletes performed at the 2016 Olympic Games
- Over 400 flights grounded as Tokyo prepares to take a direct hit from typhoon
- Kamal Haasan to be conferred French award
- New laser created from jellyfish proteins