Nuclear test targeted at US, says North Korea
Pyongyang: North Korea said Thursday it plans a new nuclear test and more rocket launches.
In a statement carried by KCNA news agency, the National Defense Commission said that in a new phase of the anti-US struggle, North Korea does not hide its plans to continue launching "a variety of satellites and long-range rockets", and carry out a "higher level" nuclear test targeted at the US, "the sworn enemy of the Korean people".
The commission also criticized the UN Security Council resolution that condemns the country`s recent satellite launch, reported Xinhua.
"No dialogue on the denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula will be possible in the future even though there may be dialogues and negotiations on ensuring peace and security in the region including the Korean Peninsula."
The 15-member UN Security Council Tuesday unanimously approved Resolution 2087, which requires North Korea to comply with all relevant resolutions approved by the Security Council and not to use the ballistic missile technology for any launch.
It also reiterated a peaceful, diplomatic and political solution to the issues concerned and advocated the renewal of the six-party talks over the denuclearization issue on the Korean Peninsula.
The six-party talks, which involve South Korea, North Korea, China, the US, Japan and Russia, began in 2003 but stalled in December 2008.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa suffers cardiac arrest; being monitored
- Watch: PM Modi addresses rally in Moradabad, UP - Part II
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- Jayalalithaa's health condition: Amma critical, nation's political fraternity expresses concern - Who said what