Nurse ‘lover’ sticks by Gaddafi through thick and thin
London: Libyan dictator Colonel Muammar al-Gaddafi’s ‘voluptuous blonde’ personal nurse is on his side even when power is slipping through his fingers, it has emerged.
Galyna Kolotnytska is said to be at his side despite his vow to ‘martyr’ himself in a bloody final stand, reports the Sun.
Gaddafi ‘cannot travel’ without the 38-year-old—thought to be his lover—as she ‘knows his routine’, leaked documents have revealed.
Ukrainian officials have said they had not had a request to evacuate her. One added, “As far as we know she’s with Gaddafi.”
Meanwhile, the widow’s 20-year-old daughter said, "My mother has not been in touch for a long time. I cannot reach her."
A secret 2009 memo to US Secretary of State Hillary Clinton released by WikiLeaks revealed that the tyrant ‘appears to rely’ on her. It said he once sent a private jet to ferry Galyna from Libya to Portugal to meet him when she was delayed by visa problems.
The cable said: "A Ukrainian political officer recently confirmed that the Ukrainian nurses `travel everywhere with the leader`."
It added: "Some contacts have claimed that Gaddafi and Kolotnytska have a romantic relationship."
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bangladesh scraps China-proposed deep sea port, India offers help to develop another
- Deepika Padukone reads letter written by father – Watch - You will be moved to tears
- 'Road Romeo' beaten up by brave girl in Allahabad: Watch
- Safa Baig: What you need to know about Irfan Pathan's lady love
- Virat Kohli, Anushka Sharma announce their break-up officially: Report