NY bus ad showing mosque, burning Twin Towers OK`d
New York: New York City`s transit agency
has approved a bus advertisement that depicts a plane flying
towards the World Trade Centre`s towers as they burn along with
a rendering of a proposed mosque near ground zero.
The ad was paid for by the American Freedom Defence
Initiative, an organisation that opposes radical Islamic
influence in the United States. The group`s executive director
says she doesn`t find the ad offensive.
The group sued the Metropolitan Transportation
Authority to demand it accept the ad, which was approved
MTA spokesman Kevin Ortiz says the agency doesn`t
endorse the ad`s views.
The plan for a mosque just blocks from the World
Trade Centre site has ignited a national debate about the
limits of tolerance and the symbolism of Ground Zero.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India