NY nanny accused of killing kids appears in court
New York: A nanny charged with murder in the stabbing deaths of two small New York children under her care has appeared in court for the first time.
Yoselyn Ortega was hospitalised for weeks with stab wounds police said were self-inflicted after the October 25 killings.
She was arraigned at the hospital in November but has since been released. She appeared in court on Friday wearing glasses and her hair in braids.
Lawyers say psychiatric evaluations for Ortega are incomplete, and they need more time to review medical records to determine whether she is fit for trial. She is from the Dominican Republic.
Authorities say Ortega stabbed 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo, while the children`s mother was out with a third child.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- When Indrani Mukerjea broke down on meeting her daughter Vidhie