NY nanny charged for stabbing kids to death
New York: New York police have charged a nanny with murder for stabbing two kids under her care to death, as per reports. The 50-year-old nanny, Yoselyn Ortega, reportedly faces two counts of first- and second- degree murder.
Police say Ortega fatally stabbed 6-year-old Lucia Krim and her 2-year-old brother, Leo, on Oct 25 in the children`s Upper West Side apartment near Central, according to reports.
A third sibling was with their mother when the killings happened.
The children`s mother, Marina Kim, brought her 3-year-old daughter home from a swim lesson to find her other youngsters, ages 2 and 6, dying of knife wounds in the bathtub.
Ortega then turned the blade on herself, police said.
(With Agency Inputs)
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Olympic bronze medallist Sakshi Malik returns home from Rio to grand welcome!
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Deepika Padukone enters 'world`s highest-paid actresses' list
- One killed, 30 wounded by explosions in southern Thailand – police
- Iraq summons its envoy to Portugal over teenager assault
- Cara Delevingne, Amber Heard turned away from strip club
- Obama promises aid to help Louisiana fully recover from flooding