NY suit vs Strauss-Kahn revisits dismissed case
New York: A New York City hotel maid`s allegations that former IMF chief Dominique Strauss-Kahn sexually assaulted her are getting renewed scrutiny in her lawsuit over the encounter, a year after the criminal case began to crumble.
Legally, the ongoing lawsuit and the now-dismissed criminal charges are separate realms. But both sides have recently invoked the criminal case as they seek to strengthen their stances in the civil case.
The housekeeper`s lawyers are trying to get a swath of information about prosecutors` investigation. They have long said prosecutors rashly cut a legitimate case loose.
Meanwhile, Strauss-Kahn`s attorneys are underscoring that prosecutors decided the woman couldn`t be trusted. The former International Monetary Fund leader is countersuing her for launching what he calls baseless charges.
The criminal case was dropped in August.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Rameswaram waits to give final salute to Dr Abdul Kalam
- DNA analysis of Yakub Memon's final moments in Nagpur Jail
- SC order on Yakub Memon huge disappointment, setback: Owaisi
- Last rites of Gurdaspur attack martyr Baljit Singh in Kapurthala
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- SC refuses stay on Yakub Memon's hanging: As it happened
- 2 NDA, 4 UPA leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim before 26/11: Report