NYC-Italy flight malfunctions on takeoff: Official
New York: An American Airlines official says a flight from New York City to Milan experienced a mechanical malfunction during takeoff and had to be returned to its gate.
There were no injuries caused by the malfunction last night involving Flight 198 at John F Kennedy International Airport.
Airline spokeswoman Rhonda Rathje says the aircraft was inspected and taken out of service. Rathje didn`t say how many passengers and crew members were on board.
The passengers were placed on a different plane, which took off at 10:16 pm local time.
Rathje says she didn`t know when the flight was originally scheduled to depart. But she says it was some time after 9 pm that the airplane began experiencing problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Brexit: UK goes to polls in knife-edge EU referendum; over 46 million people to decide Britain's fate
- 'US will continue to expand defense systems to protect South Korea, regional allies from North Korean missiles'
- Bandits kill 31 bush taxi passengers in Madagascar
- North Korean leader Kim Jong-Un hails successful test of new missile, says it can strike US Pacific bases
- LIC chairman S K Roy resigns two years before his term ends