NYC-Italy flight malfunctions on takeoff: Official
New York: An American Airlines official says a flight from New York City to Milan experienced a mechanical malfunction during takeoff and had to be returned to its gate.
There were no injuries caused by the malfunction last night involving Flight 198 at John F Kennedy International Airport.
Airline spokeswoman Rhonda Rathje says the aircraft was inspected and taken out of service. Rathje didn`t say how many passengers and crew members were on board.
The passengers were placed on a different plane, which took off at 10:16 pm local time.
Rathje says she didn`t know when the flight was originally scheduled to depart. But she says it was some time after 9 pm that the airplane began experiencing problems.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'
- OROP stalemate to end soon, Govt's draft agreement ready, claim sources