NYC man convicted in thwarted subway bomb plot
New York: A Bosnian-born US citizen has been convicted for his role in a suicide-bomb plot on New York City subways and could spend the rest of his life in prison.
Prosecutors say Adis Medunjanin and two high school classmates planned the attack for days before the eighth anniversary of the September 11, 2001, terror attacks.
Prosecutors say the men received al-Qaida training in Pakistan before agreeing to strap on backpack bombs on the subway.
Admitted mastermind Najibullah Zazi and another man both pleaded guilty and testified against Medunjanin.
Medunjanin`s defence had argued that federal agents unfairly coerced him into making incriminating statements after intimidating his family.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred