NYPD cop plotted to ‘rape, cook` 100 women, held
Washington: A New York City police officer has been arrested following a joint NYPD and FBI investigation for allegedly planning to kidnap, rape, cook and eat as many 100 women.
Gilberto Valle III, of Queens, was charged with one count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping, according to a federal criminal complaint.
He was also accused of using the National Crime Information Centre database to access unauthorised data.
The complaint alleges that Valle, 28, exchanged electronic messages with an unnamed co-conspirator ‘about kidnapping, cooking and eating body parts of [Victim 1]’.
According to ABC News, the complaint alleges that in addition to conspiring to kidnap "Victim 1”, he had discussed plans to "kidnap, rape, torture, kill, cook and eat body parts of a number of women”.
He had allegedly created computer files pertaining to “at least 100 women and containing at least one photograph of each woman”.
According to the complaint, he used law enforcement databases to conduct surveillance on potential victims.
In an alleged online exchange between Valle and a co-conspirator included in the complaint, Valle is quoted saying: "I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus . . . cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible."
"You do know if we don`t waste any of her, there is nearly 75 lbs of food there," replied the alleged co-conspirator, who also allegedly asked Valle, "What`s your favourite cut of meat?"
According to the report, Preet Bharara, the US Attorney for the Southern District of New York, said the investigation is ongoing.
“Gilberto Valle’s alleged plans to kidnap women so that they could be raped, tortured, killed, cooked and cannibalised shock the conscience," Bharara said.
“This case is all the more disturbing when you consider Valle`s position as a New York City police officer and his sworn duty to serve and protect," Bharara added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan