`NYPD Muslim surveillance legal`
Trenton: New Jersey has concluded that police in neighbouring New York City did not violate state laws when they conducted surveillance of Muslim businesses, mosques and student groups in the state.
Attorney General Jeffrey Chiesa is meeting on Thursday with Muslim leaders to discuss the findings of a three-month review of the surveillance.
A news agency obtained a summary of the findings.
The attorney general says the New York Police Department has agreed to meet regularly with New Jersey law enforcement to exchange information about its operations. But New Jersey prosecutors say no law requires the NYPD to notify state officials of its activities.
Muslim leaders want a formal investigation and a clampdown on the NYPD`s cross-border operations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie