Obama advisor holds talks with Israeli official on Iran, Syria
Washington: US national security advisor on Tuesday held talks with his Israeli counterpart at the White House on range of issues, including Syria and Iran`s contested nuclear programme, in the first high-level dialogue between both the nations since President Barack Obama was re-elected.
Tom Donilon hosted a delegation of senior Israeli officials led by Yaakov Amidror, the head of Israel`s National Security Council, for consultations on Iran, Syria and a range of other regional security issues, National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said.
"Today`s meetings were the latest in a series of regular, high-level consultations between the United States and Israel, consistent with our strong bilateral partnership, and part of our unshakeable commitment to Israel`s security," Vietor said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India planning to buy Russian S-400 Triumf air defence missile systems: Report
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- India vs South Africa, 1st ODI: Rohit's century in vain as Proteas snatch 5-run win