Obama advisor holds talks with Israeli official on Iran, Syria
Washington: US national security advisor on Tuesday held talks with his Israeli counterpart at the White House on range of issues, including Syria and Iran`s contested nuclear programme, in the first high-level dialogue between both the nations since President Barack Obama was re-elected.
Tom Donilon hosted a delegation of senior Israeli officials led by Yaakov Amidror, the head of Israel`s National Security Council, for consultations on Iran, Syria and a range of other regional security issues, National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said.
"Today`s meetings were the latest in a series of regular, high-level consultations between the United States and Israel, consistent with our strong bilateral partnership, and part of our unshakeable commitment to Israel`s security," Vietor said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister