Obama advisor holds talks with Israeli official on Iran, Syria
Washington: US national security advisor on Tuesday held talks with his Israeli counterpart at the White House on range of issues, including Syria and Iran`s contested nuclear programme, in the first high-level dialogue between both the nations since President Barack Obama was re-elected.
Tom Donilon hosted a delegation of senior Israeli officials led by Yaakov Amidror, the head of Israel`s National Security Council, for consultations on Iran, Syria and a range of other regional security issues, National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said.
"Today`s meetings were the latest in a series of regular, high-level consultations between the United States and Israel, consistent with our strong bilateral partnership, and part of our unshakeable commitment to Israel`s security," Vietor said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kejriwal knew Tomar possessed fake degree, says Yogendra Yadav
- Ajinkya Rahane to captain India on Zimbabwe tour; Dhoni, Kohli rested
- Shiv Sena slams HC order banning erection of pandals on roads
- Top leader of NSCN(K) arrested for Manipur attacks by NIA
- Vijender Singh turns professional boxer, to miss 2016 Rio Olympics
- India vs Zimbabwe: Ajinkya Rahane to lead; MS Dhoni, Virat Kohli rested
- Tihar Jail's security breached: Lt Governor Najeeb Jung orders probe, Centre seeks report
- Chinese military research academy praises India's main battle tank Arjun, says it's 'very good'
- Gangster Abu Salem ready to tie the knot with girl seeking to marry him
- Vijender Singh brings down curtains on India career, turns professional