Obama advisor holds talks with Israeli official on Iran, Syria
Washington: US national security advisor on Tuesday held talks with his Israeli counterpart at the White House on range of issues, including Syria and Iran`s contested nuclear programme, in the first high-level dialogue between both the nations since President Barack Obama was re-elected.
Tom Donilon hosted a delegation of senior Israeli officials led by Yaakov Amidror, the head of Israel`s National Security Council, for consultations on Iran, Syria and a range of other regional security issues, National Security Council spokesman Tommy Vietor said.
"Today`s meetings were the latest in a series of regular, high-level consultations between the United States and Israel, consistent with our strong bilateral partnership, and part of our unshakeable commitment to Israel`s security," Vietor said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- 800 tourists stranded in Andamans due to heavy rains, Navy launches rescue operation
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- J Jayalalithaa passes away: Know what all she left behind in assets