Obama aides concede Romney won debate on ‘style’
Washington: President Barack Obama’s campaign aides have conceded that Republican rival Mitt Romney won the Denver debate on ‘style points’, but hit out at him over the ‘substance’ of his remarks.
"He wins the style points," deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said, adding: "But that``s not what``s been dogging his campaign. What is dogging his campaign are the policies that he doubled down on tonight."
Cutter, however, launched an attack on the ‘substance’ of what Romney said, saying that he had backed away from his own tax plan in the debate.
"He``s not being honest with the American people," Cutter said.
According to Politico, senior strategist David Axelrod also conceded that Romney won the debate on ‘style points,’ and said that he has always been an aggressive, good debater.
"Gov. Romney`s always been good on the attack," Axelrod said.
"All night long, I`d give him style points," Axelrod said, adding: "What he would be graded down on is the substance of what he was talking about."
Asked if Axelrod was happy with Obama’s ‘demeanor and his energy level’, he said: "What I`m happy with is the path he wants to lead this country on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Virender Sehwag's reply to Kargil martyr's daughter has taken the Internet by storm
- Ind vs Aus: Mohammed Azharuddin says Jayant Yadav and Ishant Sharma should be replaced in next Test
- Indian doctor rescued from ISIS recounts horror, says 'they forced me to watch videos, shot me thrice'
- Gurmehar Kaur reacts to Virender Sehwag's tweet, says she is heart broken!
- WATCH: MS Dhoni rips apart bowlers to smash brilliant 129-run knock in Vijay Hazare Trophy