Obama aides concede Romney won debate on ‘style’
Washington: President Barack Obama’s campaign aides have conceded that Republican rival Mitt Romney won the Denver debate on ‘style points’, but hit out at him over the ‘substance’ of his remarks.
"He wins the style points," deputy campaign manager Stephanie Cutter said, adding: "But that``s not what``s been dogging his campaign. What is dogging his campaign are the policies that he doubled down on tonight."
Cutter, however, launched an attack on the ‘substance’ of what Romney said, saying that he had backed away from his own tax plan in the debate.
"He``s not being honest with the American people," Cutter said.
According to Politico, senior strategist David Axelrod also conceded that Romney won the debate on ‘style points,’ and said that he has always been an aggressive, good debater.
"Gov. Romney`s always been good on the attack," Axelrod said.
"All night long, I`d give him style points," Axelrod said, adding: "What he would be graded down on is the substance of what he was talking about."
Asked if Axelrod was happy with Obama’s ‘demeanor and his energy level’, he said: "What I`m happy with is the path he wants to lead this country on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- India vs England, Pune ODI: MS Dhoni still the boss; convinces Virat Kohli with spot on DRS call — WATCH
- India vs England, 1st ODI: Ravichandran Aswhin steals the show with huge six — WATCH
- Petrol price hiked by 42 paisa per litre, diesel by Rs 1.03 a litre
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing