Obama an `anti-British`: UK insurance chief
London: The chairman of British general insurance company RSA, John Napier, has labelled US President Barack Obama anti-British for his attack on British Petroleum (BP).
In an open letter, Napier said Obama should act in a "more statesman like way".
According to Sky News, the attack came after Obama invited BP chairman Carl-Henric Svanberg to meet him and senior administration officials at the White House next Wednesday.
Napier was quoted as saying: "I`ve just put on record my concerns about the tone that has developed, particularly about the personalisational issues, which is alien to us in our culture. And, the fact it`s being received over here as an anti-British rhetoric, that may not be his intent, but that is how it`s reading."
“Whilst we all recognise the seriousness of the situation there is a need to put some balance back into the situation,” Napier added.
In his letter, Napier also bluntly questions Obama`s ability to take "the heat when under pressure".
It follows the President`s scathing attacks on BP and particularly its chief executive Tony Hayward in the wake of the Gulf of Mexico oil rig disaster.
Earlier this week Obama said he wanted to know "whose ass to kick" over the massive spill and levelled yet more criticism at BP`s handling of the leak.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- China condemns Pakistan over Uri terror attack
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Onam Bumper Lottery/Kerala Thiruvonam Bumper-2016 BR-51 draw result declared - Here is the winning ticket number
- Uri attack: Israel ready to help India with cutting-edge technology to secure borders
- India's Rafale vs Pakistan's F-16: Why the French fighter jet is the best choice for dogfight
- MNS ultimatum to Pakistani actors: Leave India in 48-hour deadline
- All you need to know about Reliance JioFi at Rs 1,999 – use free data till December 31