Obama approval rating drops to a new low of 52 percent
Washington: Sliding down the popularity
chart, the approval rating of US President Barack Obama has
dropped down to a new low of 52 percent, the Gallup Poll said
in its latest national opinion poll.
Till early July it was 60 percent, but since then has
been gradually sliding down – apparently due to the debate in
the health care that has been going on, during which his
opponents seems to have an upper hand in convincing the people
against his health care reform proposals.
"President Barack Obama`s most recent weekly job
approval rating is 52 percent for the seven-day period ending
on Sunday, similar to the 54 percent reading from the
previous week but down significantly from 59 percent a month
ago. His average disapproval rating during the past week is 41
percent," Gallup said.
In June, Obama maintained approval ratings in the 60
percent range, roughly twice his disapproval rating. He still
enjoys a double-digit gap between his average approval and
average disapproval scores -- 11 percentage points for the
week of August 17-23.
However, that buffer has shrunk considerably since
mid-July, due to diminished support across the board, Gallup
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- There will be earthquake if I speak on demonetisation: Rahul Gandhi
- Zee Media Exclusive: A reality check on public opinion on notes ban!
- DNA: Analysis of the letter written by defence minister to Kolkata CM?
- DNA: Is political system root cause of corruption in the country?
- Note ban: One month on, long queues continue at banks, ATMs
- Mongolia seeks India's financial aid, Chinese official media says it's 'insane'
- PoK erupts with 'azadi' slogans; Pakistan Army brutally thrashes protesters
- SC asks govt if demonetisation was confidential; to judge if policy unconstitutional
- Virat Kohli makes fun of Alastair Cook after England exhaust both DRS wrongly, watch video
- OMG! Man punches Kangaroo in face to save dog – Watch video