Obama back in US to garner support for Syria strike
Zee Media Bureau
Washington: President Barack Obama returned to US on Saturday after the G20 summit failed to get a consensus on the military action in strife-torn Syria.
Obama will now address the issue before the Congress on Tuesday to get its approval for a US strike in the Syria after the chemical attack that claimed hundreds of lives.
While the US President has the backing of several leaders for the US military action against Syria, several lawmakers are still undecided over the issue.
Obama will address the nation and speak directly to the Americans next week in a bid to gain approval for the US strikes against Syria.
United States had earlier said that the chemical attack on August 21 in Syria was initiated by the Syrian regime which ended up killing 1,429 people including hundreds of children.
However, the Assad regime and Russia blames Syrian rebels for the attack.
Meanwhile, the US Secretary of State John Kerry is likely to seek international support for military action against Syria during his Europe trip.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Air India lodges FIR against Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad for assaulting staffer
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Should there be strict laws against cow slaughter? Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath seeks public opinion